Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Philadelphia Pride Parade

June 9, 2013 - Sir and I drove up to Philadelphia so that I could march in the Leather contingent headed by the Philadelphian MC.  I joined with the Keystone Boys of Leather, the New Jersey Amazons, and other titleholders to march in the PRIDE parade.  It was awesome to meet up with Doc (American Leatherwoman and Pittsburgh Leatherwoman 2012) and her Sir, as well as Cowboi Jen and Tina, and so many others.  I was honored to meet James (the Leather Bat man from South Africa!), who came to the US to see how we celebrate PRIDE in here.  The marching music was a lot of fun and I was one of the people who got to carry the huge Leather Pride flag through half of the parade.  It was made for Cowboi Jen by the Leather community in South Africa and we had fun with it: flapping it up and down so folks could run underneath it, as well as rolling a red ball on it from side to side.  The day was nearly perfect for a parade - hot but not sweltering and no rain in sight.  This time, I did not get sunburned!  I guess the 100+ sunscreen worked as advertised. *grins*

Some of the Keystone Boys of Leather.

James from South Africa is next to me! Leather Batman and the Boot Bat.

Doc, boy quinton and me.

Boy Roger of Keystone Boys of Leather.

The Philadelphian MC banner holders. WOOF!

Early in the parade.

The Bootblack Brigade flag in the parade.

Cheering on the crowd.

Marching with boy chris.

Blowing kisses to the crowd.

The Leather Pride flag from South Africa, on display.

Marching down the street with the Leather Pride flag.


Folding up the flag at the end of the parade.

Just before the grandstand!



No comments:

Post a Comment