Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mid-Atlantic Women's Motorcyle Rally

Rocking some sexy hose as a newbie at MAWMR

Temporary tattoo by a facepainter at MAWMR

June 21-23, 2013 - Sir and I drove up to Gettysburg PA for the Mid-Atlantic Women's Motorcycle Rally (MAWMR), which has been held yearly as a fundraiser for local charities involved in breast cancer support.  This year was the first year that Tracey Black, Mid-Atlantic Bootblack 1999, asked another bootblack to help her out with working the event and raising funds.  I asked if it would be okay for me to raise funds for B.A.C.A., as well as the other charities, and she was okay with that.  We ended up raising $419 for HOPE and PinkOut and $145 for B.A.C.A.  The entire weekend resulted in the event raising over $37,000 for breast cancer support, while having a lot of fun.

Tracy and me, ready for Friday dinner


Parade of Lighted Bikes Friday Night.




Many of the bikers included stuffed animals as riders!










It was awesome to be amongst approximately 200 women and their bikes.  I even got to ride as "bitch on back" for the Parade of Chrome.  I brought a pair of black boxers I had snagged from Derrick at the Triple L and wore them with my new leather chaps and a tank top.  We rode about 10 miles and it felt so wonderful to be riding a motorcycle again.  I have missed riding with Sir Tatsujin Paris on his bike.

Trip and I before the Parade of Chrome

I loved being on Trip's bike!


















Spike, a very butch veteran, was fun to flirt with and she liked my work on her New Rock boots that she came back with the other two pairs of boots to have me work on them as well.  I also worked on some purple Ariat cowboy boots, which was my first time working on this brand of boot.  I had some Meltonian shoe cream that matched the color exactly!  Then there were the flame boots that needed a lot of love and a bit of repair.  The owner was not ready to give them up.


Final result on the flame boots.

Cbecking the damage


Conditioning the boots



Cleaning some pretty brown cowboy boots.

Cleaning one pair of Spike's New Rock boots

Spike's boots match her name!

No comments:

Post a Comment