Friday, June 7, 2013

DC Latino GLBT Pride Fiesta Dance

June 6, 2013 -  I was invited by Jose Gutierrez to attend the Fiesta Dance for DC Latino GLBT Pride and I was happy and proud to do so.  As a Boricua on my father's side, celebrating my heritage is always a pleasure.  Since I knew there would be drag queens in attendance, I did my best to dress up to the occasion, wearing a long gown with sparkly beads on it, slits up both sides to show the legs, and a low cut back to show off my back tattoo.  The title sash went around my neck and the outfit was complete.  Sir came in a nice suit with a purple shirt (as a tilt of the hat to my love of purple!).  I met the local Latino titleholders and even got a  picture with Mr. Latino GLBT Pride for 2012 and 2013, who was a hot young thing!  The Mayor of DC showed up and kicked off the festivities and it is just possible that there will be a picture of me in the Washington Post!  I had a lot of fun, dancing with fellow Latinos and celebrating the inclusive nature of the City of D.C., where even the police officers there for security enjoyed the music and laughter of the GLBT crowd.

Que guapo!

DC Mayor Gray

Jose Gutierrez and me

The volunteers from AIDS Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment