Wednesday, June 5, 2013

New Jersey Pride Parade/Festival

The Mid-Atlantic Leather Family 2013
June 2, 2013 - What a way to spend a Sunday!  I caught a ride with Nina Love (Mid-Atlantic Leatherwoman 2013) and her Daddy, Sir Diesel.  I spent the time in the car working on a Leather Sir/boy Pride pillow and talking about various things with them.  Once we got to Asbury Park, we found the location of the beginning of the parade and found a good place to recover at Johnny Mac's bar.  It was amazing because of the huge pride flag surrounding two sides of the building and the fact that on Sundays, purchase of a drink gets you a ticket for a free, freshly-made omelet.  YUM!
Nina and I inside of Johnny Mac's


The huge Pride flag at Johnny Mac's




We met up with the other titleholders from up and down the East Coast, and I was so happy to be among Leatherfolk.  I met Phil, Northeast Community Bootblack 2013; KJ Nichol, Mr. Connecticut 2013, and Tank Teachworth, Mr. Atlanta Eagle 2013.  Oh, yeah, I also met Kevin Samson, who squirted into my water bottle and turned it pink!  *giggles*

Phil, boy quinton, and me
 I rode in the back of a pick-up truck and, at the beginning of the parade, Phil made sure I did not fall out by grabbing me around the chest when the truck jerked into place in the parade.   I tried to grab onto KJ's forearm to keep him from falling off the back, only to discover that this particular Bear had an arm too large for me to really grab. *grins*  I do love me some Bears!


The parade stopped by the Pride Festival and Nina, Sir Diesel and I walked around, enjoying the sights and sounds of the LGBT folk in New Jersey.  I bought a pair of deep purple feather earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment