Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Floating World

August 16-18, 2013 -  This was my first time at The Floating World and I went there to present three classes, one of which was on leather care.  I did very little bootblacking and that was a different experience for me.  Generally speaking, I spend most of my time at an event working at the stand and spreading the love for leather to those who sit in my chair.  However, it was my skills as a presenter that were on display this weekend.  AND, I got to attend some of the workshops!  Whee!  I attended a class called "Sacred Touch Experience" and it was interactive.  Very interesting class and one of the participants revealed that he found me to be an "old soul" who was a "healer in a past life."  The experience of touching someone that I did not know and opening myself to see beyond the outer shell was very informative and I enjoyed it a lot.

I got to attend part of Laura Antoniou's class and bought her latest two books AND she signed them for me.  That was a good time and the participants in her class were lively in their interactions with her. *smiles*

I found that two of my classes were well received - Leather care 101 and Legal Issues for LGBT relationships.  Both classes were small but the participants asked a lot of questions and I believe that they came away from the classes with new information and a need to follow up on what they learned.  I am a happy teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment