Saturday, August 31, 2013

ILSb-ICBB - Day Two


Personal Interview outfit

August 30, 2013 - The day began with a trip to IHOP for breakfast.  It was good and hearty with Eggs Benedict and tea for me, and the Breakfast Sampler for Sir Tatsujin Paris.  Then back to the hotel to update my blog and dress for the personal interview.  All of the contestants were gathering in the same waiting room across the hall from my own hotel room, so I got to see some of my friends, as well as the other bootblacks.  We talked and laughed while waiting and, a few times, had to be shushed by the Den Daddy.  *giggles*  I brought over my chocolate/bacon muffins for people to munch on while they were waiting for their own interviews.  Mine went well and I kept my handshakes of the judges firm.  In fact, Queen Cougar mentioned the strength of my handshake.  I hope it was not TOO strong; I was not trying to crush anyone's hand.  I guess it was my nervousness showing through.

Technical boot outfit


Next, was technical boots at the bootblack stand.  THIS was more like it!  All of us bootblacks relaxed into what we knew so well - working on boots that needed some loving.  I concentrated on my boot and, before I knew it, Sir Greg was calling it down on the five minutes.  I finished up with a minute to spare and felt like I had done a good job.

Outfit for the Technical Interview

Writing down on the "tech form" what I had done was very different.  I had never done this before and I had to mentally repeat the steps I had just taken while working on the boot, and then explain why I did it that way.  This was a good preparation for the next event - Tech Interview.  In this interview, I had to explain verbally to the judges what I had done to my technical boot and why I had done it that way.  There were also some questions about my philosophy on being a bootblack and the differences between various regions in the United States.  I made the judges laugh a couple of times and that has to be a good thing, right?

There was another rehearsal for the night's contest.  For us bootblacks, it was going to be easy: walk through the regional family introductions, then watch the contest.  I can do this!  I am glad we went through the change in outfits at home. It made it so much easier to do when the time actually came.  I love it when a plan comes together.  I loved getting to see some friends between my own contest parts.  I have some awesome Leather friends in this community.

Mama Vi kissing her legal counsel

Sir Khiki in her "happy place"!


During the first night of the actual contest, it was half of the Sirs and boys doing their fantasies, speeches and the jock presentation.  Tomorrow night, the bootblacks enter into the mix with our speeches.  We sat together with Sir Greg and watched, enjoying this part of the contest where we could just observe and be entertained by our fellow contestants. 

Outfit for the first part of the contest.

Sir Tatsujin Paris looking yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment