Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dallas Experience

In our room in Dallas TX


August 28, 2013 - Sir and I arrived in Dallas TX last evening.  We drove down and started our trip Monday morning (very early in the morning!) and spent Monday night at a hotel in Dickson, Tennessee.  There was an interesting homey restaurant called "Farmers Marketplace" which served only buffet style meals for a set price.  It was home cooked food at a reasonable price.  The only issue I had with it was the country music that played over the sound system.  However, the food was good and I managed not to fall face first into my plate during the meal from fatigue.  After all, we had been on the road for about 14 hours when we finally stopped in Dickson.

When we arrived at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Dallas, we were both tired but happy to be here safely and without too much trouble. The clerks at the check in desk were a bit confused by our arrival since most folks for the ILSb-ICBB event were not due to arrive until August 28th.  They were extremely helpful and a bit stunned at the amount of "stuff" that we hauled out of the car to take up to the room.  Sir decided they deserved one of my chocolate-bacon muffins as a reward for their encounter with a Leatherwoman competing in a contest about which they had no clue.  One of the staff was so curious about my Mid-Atlantic Community Bootblack title vest that she had to come and ask me what it all meant.  I gave her a condensed version of what a bootblack was and she wished me good luck in my competition for ICBB.  I organized our outfits for the week in the room and discovered that the closet was really not big enough to handle the amount of clothes a contestant needs for this event.  *giggles*

I noticed late last week that Sir John Krikorian had posted about a sushi restaurant here in Dallas that he recalled with fondness.  Sir and I went there for dinner and it was a wonderful experience.  The Sushi on McKinney is a bit far from the hotel but worth the drive (about 20 minutes away by car).  We had the black cod bento box, which included fish, shrimp tempura, and sushi, as well as miso soup.  In spite of the heat, I also had hot green tea, which was perfect to clean my palate between bites of wonderful food.  My soul, as well as my tummy, was very happy and we went to bed last night content.
Bento Box Dinner - Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment