Friday, August 30, 2013

ILSb-ICBB - The First Day

ICBB 2013 class, with Ruin (ICBB 2012) and Sir Greg (IMBB 2009)


August 29, 2013 -  The first item on the agenda was the Bootblack Brunch in the hotel restaurant.  I got to meet all of the other bootblack contestants (Kyle, Paul, Philthy Pup, Brooklyn, girl Dale, and Scout), as well as the ICBB handler and helpers (Sir Greg, Lady Minx and Syr Evan).  The joke of the day was when Sir Greg could not recall that Syr Evan was ICBB 2009, which was the same year HE was IMBB.  *grins*  I gave out my gift bags and Paul gave out leather bootblack flags for us to flag bootblack if we wished.  Philthy Pup and Brooklyn immediately ate their chocolate/bacon muffins and said they were good.

Brunch outfit (can't rotate it!)


Sir Greg emphasized that we should be early for each scheduled item on the agenda for the contest to make sure that we were not disqualified.  Where is the White Rabbit and his watch? *giggles*  This is really not a problem for me since I tend to be early to everything.

At the joint meeting of producers, judges and contestants, Jeffrey Payne and others went through what was expected of the contestants (be on time, please!) and it was noted that the Rocky Mountain Leather Sir was withdrawing because of illness.  To support his title Sir, the Rocky Mountain Leather boy also withdrew but they were both remaining for the contest to support the rest of us.  I wanted to cry because it would be so hard to have come so far and not be able to finish the journey.  I hope he is able to recover and continue his Leather life.  We received our event badges and programs.  I was excited and humbled to see all of the ads of support from the Mid-Atlantic Region (THANK YOU SO MUCH!)  Since I had already put in my basket for the silent auction, Sir and I went to the Leather Library to look around and see Mama Vi Johnson. 

We had a rehearsal of the introduction/meet and greet function in the afternoon, which turned out to be just the contestants listening to how things would go smoothly and simply (we all hoped!).  Because it was early, a second rehearsal was cancelled and we just had to show up for the actual event.  I took a nap before the evening events so I would be fresh for my duties as a contestant. 

The Mid-Atlantic Title Family - ready for introductions


Behind the curtain at the stage was so dark I just asked my fellow contestants and contest wranglers to push me in the direction I needed to go.  I was happy to get on the stage and off of it without falling on my face; that would have made keeping my dignity a bit difficult.  *giggles*  We received the No. 8 as Mid-Atlantic Title Family and I received my contestant medallion from Ruin.  Sir Tatsujin Paris said he was not able to take still pictures because of the lack of light but he was able to get a video.  At  the Meet and Greet, I spoke with my judges and even got to spend some time with Sir Khiki.

The last event was the roasting of the 2012 titleholders.  WOW!  It was harsh at times and I wonder if Sir Jack Duke will ever have another date after all of the comments.

My outfit for the Dallas Eagle Roasting

No comments:

Post a Comment