Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bears, Bikers and Mayhem



March 29-30, 2013 (Gettysburg, PA)

This is the first year that this event had a vendor room and I was a "vendor" so I could bootblack as the only female at the event.  It was a weekend long event (Thursday through Sunday) but I was there (with Sir Tatsujin Paris) Friday and Saturday.  They had never had a bootblack at this event and it was in its fourth year.  I was so happy to see all of the bears and Leathermen and they made me feel very welcome and wanted.  Charles King, one of the producers, went out of his way to make sure I was having a good time and getting a lot of work .  Friday was at the host hotel and we shifted the "bear" stand from the vendor area to the ballroom for the dance that night.  Saturday was split between the host hotel and an Amish "wilding" party at Altlands Ranch in Spring Grove PA.
Friday night dance!

Close up on the cowboy boots.


He wore a black halo and black wings as he delivered drunken bear shots.













On Saturday, after the vendor room closed up, we moved the "bear" stand to Altlands  Ranch in Spring Grove PA.  We were treated to a bear style dinner and "protesters" outside of the building (Amish "folk" with signs). A version of Family Feud pitted the Bears against the Leathermen, and there were boys wearing jockstraps for sale by raffle.  I worked the party and donated half of my tips to the 7 county charity involved in HIV/AIDS support.

Me and the "protesters" 


1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on my Doc Marten's. Made me feel very comfortable with my first bootblack experience.

    ReplyDelete