Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Presenting at Black Rose

Last night (April 23, 2013), I taught a class on the legal issues within the LGBT community and how to protect the relationships that do not meet the binary heterosexual "norm" recognized under the legal system in the United States.  I focused specifically on the differences between the state laws in Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC.  There were handouts and approximately 20 people attended.  In spite of the serious nature of the class, there was laughter and some jokes exchanged.  I enjoyed the banter and the questions posed by the attendees.  I hope that those who attended learned and had as much fun as I did teaching. Yes, this is a part of what I do to serve the community that is different from being a bootblack.  While this class is not a skill  that is part of my Mid-Atlantic Community Bootblack title, I feel that it is an important service to the Leather community.

No comments:

Post a Comment