Sunday, April 14, 2013

The charity I will raise funds for during my title year.

I have thought long and hard about what charity I should devote the funds I raise during my title year.  There are so many charities out there but I found one that touches my soul deeply and that needs help more than most - Bikers Against Child Abuse (B.A.C.A.) .  As it says on their website, they are bikers first but their goal is to break the chains of abuse and fear for the children who are assigned to their care as protectors. If you want to check out the website, it is www.bacaworld.org  These bikers do amazing work and it is all voluntary (and sometimes paid for by them!) to make sure that children who have been abused are no longer afraid of their abusers.  An in-depth article about what the Arizona chapter is doing can be found at http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/2012/07/13/20120713bikers-against-child-abuse-make-abuse-victims-feel-safe.html?nclick_check=1   If you can read this article without tears, you have a small heart.  I personally used up an entire box of tissues while reading it.  I hope that everyone who comes to a fundraiser I hold will open their hearts and their wallets for B.A.C.A.  They need financial help to continue to do what they do.  Since it is a Section 501(c)(3) organization, any donation is tax deductible.

1 comment: