Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Philadelphia Leather Pride Night

Titleholders call at PLPN 2013


November 9, 2013 - Sir and I traveled to Philadelphia to coordinate the bootblacks for the 5th Philadelphia Leather Pride Night.  We arrived around 2 p.m. and set up the bootblack stands at the Voyeur for the event.  I began working at 4 p.m. on those volunteers who needed some leather loving before the event started at 7 p.m.  I was joined by Raquel and, much later, by Oil Tam Sam (IMBB 2013).

Working on Security guy, Mason, boots

Working on boots

Loving on Clay's leather uniform. YUM!

Rare white leather chaps!

These chaps needed lots of love!



The lovely drag king also had some black chaps.









































































I found out just before the evening started that a marvelous bootblack, Tim Starkey, had died around noon.  Although I knew he had been fighting kidney and liver failure since June, it still hit me hard and I cried while Sir and Nikki (Ms. NJ Leather 2013) held me.  He was such a wonderful man and he will be missed by many in the Leather community.

Sir Robert Bowden and I speak about Tim Starkey's life.
Tim Starkey and Mama Vi Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment