Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Leather History Conference 2013

 Quilt of Leather Flags


October 25-27, 2013 - Sir and I traveled to Winston-Salem, NC for the third Leather History Conference.  We arrived later than expected because I had to attend a hearing in Maryland Friday morning and rolled into the host hotel around 6 p.m.  We checked the bootblack stand area and discovered that there were already stands in place so no need to unload the ones we brought from Maryland.  tidbit (NC Community Bootblack 2012) and Bella (IMsBB 2013) had set up the stands and were taking shifts during the weekend.  Also on hand were Boy River and Pug.  This was a very lucky thing for me since I become very ill on Saturday and was not able to do much from about 2 pm until we left Sunday morning to return home.  I hated not doing as much as I usually do to coordinate bootblacks for this event but my body refused to cooperate. *sighs*

Working on Pup Tank's boots


I did get to attend the story telling session for Sir James Michael Allen from South Africa.  Wow!  He is very high energy and it is very clear how much getting the word out about his personal mission means to him.  Passionate does not do him justice!  I was honored to sign the South African flag that he wanted those who attended to sign for him.  I hope someday to visit South Africa and see the Leather community that is growing there.

Signing the South Africa flag.

Sir James Michael Allen (SA Leather Batman)

Sir and I talking to the Leather Batman

No comments:

Post a Comment