Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 17--19, 2013

Last week was, once again, an interesting week medically in our household.  This time it was my foster mother, who has lived with us for the last 10 years and is in her 80s, that had medical issues including acute renal failure.  I was not sure if she would be hospitalized and had to worry about cancelling the plans I had to travel during the weekend.  Eventually, she began to eat and drink again and a trip to the hospital was averted.

Friday, May 17th, was supposed to be my opportunity to present a leather care class to a combination of kinky and vanilla folk through the Touch of Flavor festival.  However, the manager of the venue in Baltimore MD decided that they were not comfortable with the fact that the classes being taught were edgy and sexy and breached the contract entered into by the prior management company with Touch of Flavor producers.  While the case is before the Circuit Court of Baltimore City, the preliminary injunction trying to enforce the contract terms was denied and the producers will fight on for the right to have the festival sometime in the future.  I am certain the breach of contract will result in punishment legally of the management company but it saddens me to see the mainstream folks still trying to step on the civil liberties of those who are not like them.  *sighs*

Saturday, May 18th, Sir drove me to Camp Ramblewood in Darlington, Maryland for NDDS BootCamp V.  I presented a class on leather care, as well as working the cigar social.  We also had the opportunity to sit in on a class on inverted suspensions and came away with some interesting ideas.  I loved the campgrounds, which are amazingly huge, and we took advantage of the time between my class and the cigar social to play in the open dungeon.  I was excited by the thought of a place where a person can play at any time that the dungeon's doors are open and the lights on (as long as there are no classes going on).  Such FUN!  The people attending my class were very interested and asked many questions.  The class was only supposed to be for 90 minutes but we went on for two hours and some of the attendees came to the cigar social to continue with their questions.  I spoke about my charity, B.A.C.A., to those who attended the class and there was talk from some Delaware residents about setting up a chapter in that State since there is no chapter of B.A.C.A. in Delaware.  All agreed that it was a worthy charity and that it was too bad more people did not know of its existence.   YAY for bootblack love!

Sunday, May 19th, I was supposed to go to Asbury Park, New Jersey to help raise funds for Mr. New Jersey Leather 2013 in his send off for IML.  Unfortunately, I was too tired from the cigar social and Sir had to work the day shift anyway.  I hope that the New Jersey Leather community will forgive my inability to help out with this fundraiser.  I will be there for other events, including New Jersey Pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment