Tuesday, September 3, 2013

ILSb-ICBB - Ending of a weekend

September 3, 2013 -- On Sunday, I woke up tired and a bit numb from the "go, go go!" pace of the contest.  The contest itself was over and I had won 1st Runner Up in the ICBB portion.  I looked at the medallion in wonder, knowing that I had worked hard and, while I had not won the ultimate prize, I did my best and held nothing back in my efforts.  I also remained true to myself during the contest - feeding my fellow bootblacks with chocolate/bacon muffins and dark chocolate covered pomegranate drops to keep us all going, and giving hugs and energy where needed.  I am, ultimately and most deeply, Mama Bootblack, a title I have earned over the years and of which I am very proud.

Sir and I went to the Dallas Eagle for "Dallas Alley" in the afternoon and it was so much fun talking to my brothers/sister in the Class of 2013 as we greeted each other while playing the games there and tried to relax.  It was extremely hot and we did not stay very long.  Sir and I needed to pack all of the clothes we had brought so I could change my clothes MANY times during the contest.  *giggles*  We hit the road at about 8:30 p.m. and drove straight through to Baltimore, Maryland.  We did stop for a couple of short naps so he was not so tired that he drove us off the road but we made it in 25 hours.  Not bad at all considering the lightning storm and hard rain that drove us out of Texas.

Today, Sir and I are very tired and sore from a fun-filled weekend.  I will try to be productive but I suspect that I will not accomplish much until tomorrow.  My mind is blurry, as well as my eyes, which I strained a bit during the contest.  Blessings to the maker of eye drops!

No comments:

Post a Comment